Welcome to Year 5's Home Learning Page!
NEW 25th January 2021
Welcome to week four!
Hello Legends and Superstars! We hope you have had a completely gorgeous weekend! This week we want you to focus on the Great Outdoors! There are some suggestions in the Wider Curriculum Menu this week of some of the things you can get up to. We would love to see pictures and videos :D
Remember this week we will have all of this available for you:
1) Daily Maths and English video tutorials, as well as worksheets/activities to go with
2) Reading sessions - this week we will carry on with the colossal "Cosmic" by Frank Cottrell Boyce - it's a cracker!
3) Wider curriculum videos twice a week, which will have different themes. This week is "RE" where we will look at different places of worship and what they are for.
4) A weekly menu of wider curriculum activities to choose from - there are lots of things to try out here!
5) Weekly spellings and a quiz on a FriYAY
6) Two Teams sessions on a Monday and Thursday so we can all connect and catch up!
7) A daily Teams drop-in session at 12:10 to answer questions and support you with that day's learning.
Plus suggestions for activities to help you find something to smile about every single day :)
Remember to contact us via email whenever you want, to share work, tell us how you are feeling or to get some help.
Love Mrs Elmore & Ms Rutherford :)
NEW 6th January 2021: Letter to parents
NEW 22nd January 2021: Daily drop-in info
Would you like to show off some amazing work? Do you need any help?
Drop us an email and we will do our best to get back to you during working hours!
Last Weeks Learning
Want to go back and review last weeks learning? You've come to the right place!
If you want work from a previous week, just email us and we can send it through. All of our video tutorials can be found on Youtube :)
Today's Learning! 25/1/21
Check out Mrs Boyes's maths corner on the right for new video tutorials, challenges and maths art videos!
Remember to check out the brand new Bug Club for eBooks and quizzes!
Our youtube channel will have all of our video tutorials on - make sure you're subscribed so you don't miss anything!
Wellbeing and Extra Activities
Need a break or want to try something a bit different? Have a go at one of these activities and let us know how you get on.
- Have a go at this circle challenge
- Join the online Art club
- Join the online Scouts club
- Join the online Debate club
- Have a go at these cooking lessons
- Try some meditation or yoga
- Earn a Blue Peter Badge!
- Learn how to touch type
- Pick something you are passionate about and create a Powerpoint presentation about it
- Review books you have read on Amazon
- Write and design your own children's picture book
- Follow along these drawing tutorials
- Try out some of these STEM activities
- Learn a sign a day
- Follow along with a Zumba dance tutorial
- Bake! Here's Ms Rutherford's favourite cookie recipe.
- Try one of these nature activities in the garden
Who Let the Gods Out
This Week's Learning:
Mrs Boyes's Maths Corner!
Mrs Boyes has been busy recording some calculation lessons. These lessons will be especially useful for children who are usually in Mrs Boyes' morning groups but can be helpful reminders for anyone :)
You'll also find Mrs Boyes weekly maths challenges here - perfect if you want to give your brain a good workout!
Need a challenge? Try out these maths at home activities! https://nrich.maths.org/14600
Have a go at today's pobble activity:
Please check out the inclusion section of the website for lots of great activities that link to our Wellbeing and Recovery curriculum!
Year 5/6 statutory spelling list (copyright Twinkl)
Year 3/4 statutory spelling list (copyright Twinkl) - useful for revision