Welcome to 1B & 1E
Our teachers are Mrs Brown and Miss Evans. Our teaching assistants are Mrs Grotzke and Mrs Durlacher.
Our PE days are Tuesdays and Wednesday. Please make sure that your child is not wearing earrings on PE days.
Please make sure your child's PE kit, including daps or trainers, is in school every day.
Please can you also ensure that your child has their reading book and reading record in school every day and their homework book in school every Friday.
Our topic is called My Class, My School, My Road
It has a geography focus and we will be looking at the following:
- Labelling a map of our classroom
- Using a map to find our way around school
- Finding Wheatfield Primary School on a map of Bradley Stoke
- Finding our homes on a map and identifying our route to school
Our Power of Reading Book is A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond
A little bear has come on a journey from darkest Peru. As he finds himself alone at Paddington railway station he is lost and unsure of where to go until he is found by a lovely family called The Browns. They take him into their home and he causes lots of mischief and mayhem but they love their new friend Paddington.
- Writing sentences using capital letters, full stops and question marks
- Writing stories with a beginning, middle and end
- Joining sentences using 'and'
- Adding -ing, -ed, -er and -est to words
- Addition and subtraction (within 20 and beyond)
- Place value (within 50)
- Length and height
- Weight and volume
- Listen to your child read and write in their reading record book at least 5 times a week. This will help your child to earn certificates and rewards.
- Read to your child regularly
- Play memory and board games with your child – especially those involving numbers or strategy
- Use ictgames.com www.phonicsplay.com http://www.busythings.co.uk/ to practise number and phonics skills
Use https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk to play maths games, read books and answer questions
For recommended books for Year 1 click here
For Information about the books click here