Welcome to 1B & 1E
Our teachers are Mrs Brown and Miss Evans. Our teaching assistants are Mrs Grotzke and Mrs Durlacher.
Our PE days are Tuesdays and Wednesday. Please make sure that your child is not wearing earrings on PE days.
Please make sure your child's PE kit, including daps or trainers, is in school every day.
Please can you also ensure that your child has their reading book and reading record in school every day and their homework book in school every Friday.
Our topic is called The Great Fire of London
It has a history focus and we will be looking at the following:
- Using common words relating to the passing of time
- Identify similarities and differences between ways of life in different periods
- Sequence events chronologically
- Know and understand key events in the past
Our Power of Reading Book is Lila and the Secret of Rain by David Conway
For months the sun has burned down on Lila's Kenyan village. It is too hot to gather firewood, too hot to weed the garden, even too hot to milk the cow. Without rain the well will run dry and the crops will fail. Lila is so worried that when her grandfather whispers to her the secret of rain, she decides to go and talk to the sky herself.
- Writing sentences using capital letters, full stops and question marks
- Writing stories with a beginning, middle and end
- Joining sentences using 'and'
- Adding -ing, -ed, -er and -est to words
- Addition and subtraction (within 20 and beyond)
- Place value (within 50)
- Length and height
- Weight and volume
- Listen to your child read and write in their reading record book at least 5 times a week. This will help your child to earn certificates and rewards.
- Read to your child regularly
- Play memory and board games with your child – especially those involving numbers or strategy
- Use ictgames.com www.phonicsplay.com http://www.busythings.co.uk/ to practise number and phonics skills
Use https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk to play maths games, read books and answer questions
For recommended books for Year 1 click here
For Information about the books click here