Welcome to 1B & 1E
Our teachers are Mrs Brown and Miss Evans. Our teaching assistants are Mrs Grotzke, and Mrs Durlacher.
Our PE days are Wednesdays and Thursdays . Please make sure that your child is not wearing earrings on PE days. Please make sure your child's PE kit, including daps or trainers, is in school every day.
Please can you also ensure that your child has their reading book and reading record in school every day.
Our topic is called Fantastic Beasts
It has a science focus and we will be looking at the following:
- Classifying a range of animals including reptiles, amphibians, mammals, fish, birds
- Carnivore, herbivores and omnivores
- Naming baby animals
Our Power of Reading Book is The Snail and the Whale by Julia Donaldson
- Orally retelling a range of stories
- Act out a range of stories
- Write captions and sentences
- Use capital letters and full stops
- form all letters correctly in a cursive style
- Recap Phase 3 phonics
- Write numbers 1-20 with no reversals
- Count to 20
- Place value
- Addition and subtraction
- 2D shape
The children will start to bring home a homework book on a Friday with Phonics sounds to practise at home.
- Listen to your child read and write in their reading record book at least 5 times a week. This will help your child to earn certificates and rewards.
- Read to your child regularly
- Play memory and board games with your child – especially those involving numbers or strategy
- Use ictgames.com www.phonicsplay.com http://www.busythings.co.uk/ to practise number and phonics skills
Use https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk to play maths games, read books and answer questions
For recommended books for Year 1 click here
For Information about the books click here