PE and Sport Premium
The PE and sport premium is a ring-fenced grant which schools receive to develop regular, high quality physical education and sport sessions to be taught in schools. This was first introduced as part of the London Olympic legacy to ensure that all children receive a first class physical education programme.
The grant is intended to help schools address five key areas:
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Schools are required to report annually on how the grant has been allocated and the impact of the school's actions on outcomes for pupils. You can read our latest report below.
Our plan for academic year 2021-22 can also be found here.
Installation of MUGA (multi-use games area) and Re-development of Key Stage 2 Playground
Over the summer of 2019 our Key Stage 2 playground was completely overhauled creating more space and resources for physical activity and exercise. We also installed a multi use games area on a previously waterlogged and unusable section of our site. This enables additional sport and physical education to be taught 'all year round' whatever the weather. Watch the video below to see the transformation.