Welcome to 1B & 1E
Our teachers are Mrs Brown and Miss Evans. Our teaching assistants are Mrs Hodges, Mrs Grotzke, Mrs Medina and Mrs Durlacher.
Our PE days are Tuesdays (1E) Wednesdays (1B) and Thursdays (1B and 1E). Please make sure that your child is not wearing earrings on PE days. Please make sure your child's PE kit, including daps or trainers, is in school every day.
Term 1 & 2
It has a science focus and we will be looking at the following:
- Identifying and naming common animals – birds, fish, amphibians, reptiles, mammals and invertebrates.
- Identifying animals that are carnivores, herbivores and omnivores.
- Identifying, naming, drawing and labelling basic parts of the human body.
- Investigating our senses.
Our Power of Reading Book is The Jolly Postman by Janet and Alan Ahlberg.
- Writing sentences with capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
- using adjectives in writing
- Writing stories with a beginning, middle and end
- Handwriting- writing cursively ready to join letters
- Spelling all camera words correctly
- Writing recounts
- Writing character descriptions
In Maths we will be learning:
- To recognise, count, order and write numbers 0-20 with no reversals.
- To count in 2's, 5's and 10's
- To name and describe 3D shapes
- To understand multiplication as repeated addition and use and draw arrays to support multiplication
- To recognise and know the value of coins and notes.
- Listen to your child read and write in their reading record book 5 times a week. This will help your child to earn certificates and rewards.
- Read to your child regularly
- Play memory and board games with your child – especially those involving numbers or strategy
- Use ictgames.com www.phonicsplay.com http://www.busythings.co.uk/ to practise number and phonics skills
Use https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk to play maths games, read books and answer questions
For recommended books for Year 1 click here
For Information about the books click here