Welcome to 1B & 1E
Our teachers are Mrs Brown and Miss Evans. Our teaching assistants are Mrs Hodges, Mrs Grotzke, Mrs Medina and Mrs Durlacher.
Our PE days are Tuesdays (1E) Wednesdays (1B) and Thursdays (1B and 1E). Please make sure that your child is not wearing earrings on PE days. Please make sure your child's PE kit, including daps or trainers, is in school every day.
It has a history focus and we will be looking at the following:
- Using common words relating to the passing of time.
- Identifying similarities and differences between ways of life in different periods
- Sequencing events chronologically
- Knowing and understanding key events in the past : The Great Fire of London
Our Power of Reading Book is Traction Man by Mini Grey
- Writing sentences with capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
- using adjectives in writing
- Writing stories with a beginning, middle and end
- Handwriting- writing cursively ready to join letters
- Spelling all camera words correctly
- Writing recounts
- Writing character descriptions
- Phonics Phase 5
In Maths we will be learning:
- To tell the time to o'clock and half past on an analogue clock
- To understand the order of the days of the week, the months of the year and the seasons
Please can we have as many empty shoe boxes as possible at the beginning of Term 3
- Listen to your child read and write in their reading record book 5 times a week. This will help your child to earn certificates and rewards.
- Read to your child regularly
- Play memory and board games with your child – especially those involving numbers or strategy
- Use ictgames.com www.phonicsplay.com http://www.busythings.co.uk/ to practise number and phonics skills
Use https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk to play maths games, read books and answer questions
For recommended books for Year 1 click here
For Information about the books click here