Welcome to 1B & 1E
Our teachers are Mrs Brown, Mrs Smythe and Miss Evans. Our teaching assistants are Mrs Hodges and Mrs Durlacher.
Our PE days are Tuesdays (1E) Thursdays (1B & 1E) and Fridays (1B). Please make sure that your child is not wearing earrings on PE days. Please make sure your child's PE kit, including daps or trainers, is in school every day.
The Great Fire of London
This term our topic learning will have a history focus. We will be identifying similarities and differences between ways of life in different periods.
Our Power of Reading Book is Traction Man by Mini Grey
- Writing sentences with capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
- Writing stories with a beginning, middle and end
- Using capital letters for the names of people, places, days of the week and months of the year
- Joining sentences with ‘and’
- Handwriting- writing cursively ready to join letters
- Phonics phase 5
- Writing recounts
- Reading, writing and reciting simple poems
- Adding –ing, -ed, -er and –est to words
- Time: knowing the order of the days of the week, months of the year and seasons
- Telling the time to o’clock and half past on an analogue clock
- Measuring time using sand timers and stop watches
- Place value
- Solving word problems using addition and subtraction
- Multiplication as repeated addition
- Division by sharing and grouping
- Recognising, describing and naming 3D shapes
- Listen to your child read and write in their reading record book at least 3 times a week. This will help your child to earn certificates and rewards.
- Read to your child regularly
- Play memory and board games with your child – especially those involving numbers or strategy
- Use ictgames.com www.phonicsplay.com http://www.busythings.co.uk/ to practise number and phonics skills
Use https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk to play maths games, read books and answer questions
For recommended books for Year 1 click here
For Information about the books click here