Welcome to 1B & 1E
Our teachers are Mrs Brown and Miss Evans. Our teaching assistants are Mrs Hodges, Mrs Grotzke, Mrs Medina and Mrs Durlacher.
Our PE days are Tuesdays (1E) Wednesdays (1B) and Thursdays (1B and 1E). Please make sure that your child is not wearing earrings on PE days. Please make sure your child's PE kit, including daps or trainers, is in school every day.
It has a science focus and we will be looking at the following:
- Identify and name a variety of everyday materials g. wood, plastic, glass, metal, water, rock, elastic, fabric, foil.
- Identify an object and the material from which it is made.
- Describe the simple physical properties of a range of everyday materials g. wood is hard, metal is shiny, rock is rough.
- Compare and group a range of everyday materials based on their physical properties.
Our Power of Reading Book is Beegu by Alexis Deacon
- Writing sentences with capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
- Using adjectives in writing
- Writing stories with a beginning, middle and end
- Handwriting- writing cursively ready to join letters
- Spelling all camera words correctly
- Writing recounts
- Writing character descriptions
- Phonics Phase 5
- Plurals ending in s and es
- words using the prefix un
- Place value
- Revisiting number bonds to 20
We will be starting to send home spellings for the children to learn in readiness for a spelling test each Friday.
- Listen to your child read and write in their reading record book 5 times a week. This will help your child to earn certificates and rewards.
- Read to your child regularly
- Play memory and board games with your child – especially those involving numbers or strategy
- Use ictgames.com www.phonicsplay.com http://www.busythings.co.uk/ to practise number and phonics skills
Use https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk to play maths games, read books and answer questions
For recommended books for Year 1 click here
For Information about the books click here