Welcome to 1B & 1E
Our teachers are Mrs Brown and Miss Evans. Our teaching assistants are Mrs Hodges, Mrs Grotzke, Mrs Medina and Mrs Durlacher.
Our PE days are Tuesdays (1E) Wednesdays (1B) and Thursdays (1B and 1E). Please make sure that your child is not wearing earrings on PE days. Please make sure your child's PE kit, including daps or trainers, is in school every day.
It has a geography focus and we will be looking at the following:
- Using maps, atlases and globes
- Using a key on a map to identify features
- Using simple fieldwork and observational skills to study the geography of the school
- Naming the four countries of the United Kingdom and the capital cities
Our Power of Reading Book is Lila and the secret of rain By David Conway
- Writing sentences with capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
- using adjectives in writing
- Writing stories with a beginning, middle and end
- Handwriting- writing cursively ready to join letters
- Spelling all camera words correctly
- Writing recounts
- Writing character descriptions
- Phonics Phase 5
In Maths we will be learning:
- Using Money
We will be starting to send home spellings for the children to learn in readiness for a spelling test each Friday.
- Listen to your child read and write in their reading record book 5 times a week. This will help your child to earn certificates and rewards.
- Read to your child regularly
- Play memory and board games with your child – especially those involving numbers or strategy
- Use ictgames.com www.phonicsplay.com http://www.busythings.co.uk/ to practise number and phonics skills
Use https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk to play maths games, read books and answer questions
For recommended books for Year 1 click here
For Information about the books click here