Welcome to 1B & 1E
Our teachers are Mrs Brown, Mrs Smythe and Miss Evans. Our teaching assistants are Mrs Hodges and Mrs Durlacher.
Our PE days are Tuesdays (1E) Thursdays (1B & 1E) and Fridays (1B). Please make sure that your child is not wearing earrings on PE days. Please make sure your child's PE kit, including daps or trainers, is in school every day.
Term 5 & 6
Marvelous Materials and Percy the Park keeper
This term our topic learning will have a science focus. We will be identifying and naming a variety of everyday materials and describing simple physical properties of these.
We will also be identifying and naming a variety of common wild and garden plants including deciduous and evergreen tree and identifying and describing the basic structure of a variety of common flowering plants including trees.
Our Power of Reading Book is Beegu by Alexis Deacon
- Writing sentences with capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
- Writing stories with a beginning, middle and end
- Using capital letters for the names of people, places, days of the week and months of the year
- Joining sentences with ‘and’
- Handwriting- writing cursively ready to join letters
- Adding –ing, -ed, -er and –est to words
- Writing in the past and present tense
- Spelling all camera words correctly
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Multiplication as repeated addition
- Division by sharing and grouping
- Finding halves and quarters of shapes, sets of objects and numbers
- Weight and capacity
Year 1 - Summer Term Newsletter
- Listen to your child read and write in their reading record book at least 3 times a week. This will help your child to earn certificates and rewards.
- Read to your child regularly
- Play memory and board games with your child – especially those involving numbers or strategy
- Use ictgames.com www.phonicsplay.com http://www.busythings.co.uk/ to practise number and phonics skills
Use https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk to play maths games, read books and answer questions
For recommended books for Year 1 click here
For Information about the books click here